October 3, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago

Please forgive me.  I am so sorry for falling soooo behind on our family blog, It's been nearly 3 months since my last post!  Shortly after my last post, Mike, the girls & I made the trek northward to Chicago.  We had a fabulous time, we were on the go every day,  I had so much to blog about, and so many pictures to edit, I put our family blog on the back burner.  But I am back!!  Or should I say 'we'?  My family & friends (my beloved readers) have all urged me to keep up with this blog so here I am.  I promise to get back on track and stay there!!

  Anyway, back to our trip... it had been almost 3 years since our last visit home.  Mike, the girls & I were way overdue.  All of our complicated-almost-didn't-happen plans finally came together at the last minute and we were able to go up.  Our trip including 'drive time' was almost 10 days but it's wasn't enough, we would have loved to have spent another week visiting, hopefully we can stay longer next summer, especially since we didn't even get to see Mike's side of the family!  Anyway, here's the best of the best of the many pictures I took on our trip!  It was wonderful being able to spend time with my Mom, my extended family & some of our dearest friends.  Better get comfortable...


Driving through the Georgia/Tennessee mountains... 


After two days of driving we arrived just in time for a get together at my cousin Amara's house, here's the next generation of my family...



My Momma & her siblings Kathy, Suzy & Chris


I love my Mom, she hadn't seen Mikayla since she was a baby!  She's changed quite a bit to say the least!


Catching up with my cousins on the patio, the weather was amazing!


The next morning to rode into the city, we met our friend's wife Gabby & their new baby Adaira.


Then it was time for some sightseeing!


We took the water taxi from Museum Park over to Navy Pier, the view of the skyline is amazing!


There's Navy Pier!


We had lunch at the Billy Goat, this isn't the original but it's still tasty!4



The tip of Navy Pier = Patriotic Splendor!






On the Ferris Wheel!!


*sigh*






Checking out the Bean in Millenium Park... this was a first for me & the girls!


Buckingham Fountain - We had a beautiful day in the city but it's time to get back to J-Town!


That night Mike met up with his friend Corey



While we had ladies night at my cousin's... the next day we met up at my Aunt Suzy's...




The kids had a great time playing games & blowing bubbles.


My cousins left early for a ghost hunting trip!


My Aunts Suzy, Kathy & my Mom


chow time!


ice cream!


The next day we visited our best friends Don, Jana, Ellie & Nate


Me & my girl Jana


The kiddos waiting for lunch!


Gabby & Adaira came to hang out too!


The kids had a ball playing with Max.


Mike & Don - buds for 24 years!


Playing Rock Band


Maddy loves MAX!!


MAX loves EVERYBODY!


We were also able to visit with my high school bestie Heather & her kids... here's the girls with Serena.



Me & Heather - just like old times!


We also popped in on our friend Katie, we love & miss our Katie!  Unfortunately, her finace Ryan was away honoring his Army weekend duties.... but we did meet Chopper, their dog.  Everywhere we went the girls had a dog to play with. :)


We didn't think it was possible, but we managed to sneak back into the city one last time to eat at the restaurant where Mike & I had our first date 15 + years ago!  Leona's!!  They seriously have the best service & the best pizza!  It's such a treat to take the girls to where it all began!





Popped in to see Mike's other best bud, Saldie.


After dinner & Saldie's, we stopped by Old Water Tower Place. 


Crossing the river on Michigan Avenue...


One last look at the city before we go... 


The park in my Mom's neighborhood where I used to play when I was young!


The DuPage River





Strolling over the footbridge...



Pool party for my cousin Taylor!  She turned 13!


pizza!


My Mom & Mikayla


the girls coloring...


the guys


the ladies





cake!!


My cousin Brian & his family, they live in Alaska so needless to say - we don't see them very often!


My cousin Amara & her family


My Mom, me & my girls!!  I love this picture - I love you MOM!!  It's really hard being away from you but I promise we'll be back for another visit soon.


We had such a great visit with all of our loved ones, Mike & I weren't looking forward to the drive home, the bright side of a two day drive was staying at my Dad & Step Mom's overnight on the way back home.

No comments: