As I said in a previous blog, Mike & I were invited to 3 late summer weddings, the beautiful bride this time was my old friend Kerri. I met Kerri when I started working at Dillard's in 1999, also where I met my best friends Jackie & Brad. It's really hard to believe we've all been friends for 11 years! We had some great times back in the day! Sadly, Jackie & I lost touch with Kerri when she and her boyfriend Josh moved to Orlando 6 years ago. Last summer, I found Kerri and her best friend Sarah on facebook. I was excited to learn Kerri & Josh were planning their wedding and Sarah was remarried and a mom of two. We obviously had a lot to catch up on and it's been so much fun hanging out again!
Since, reconnecting with my old friends, we have ALL been looking forward to Kerri's wedding festivities! Can you say ultimate date night with Mike and our best friends!
Wow! Mike & I clean up good! The girls are at home with Auntie Lauren and we're ready to party!
I love my Michael, we had such a great night together.
Lido Beach wedding, just before sunset...
Kerri & Josh exchanging their vows.
Fancy!
Sunset from the Sunset Room...
I must confess to my readers, I don't know Kerri's new hubby very well. Josh is a good guy but he had too much to drink on his & Kerri's big day. Amazingly, he didn't fall on his face and she kept her cool, Josh's 'life of the party antics' were entertaining to say the least. Everyone had a great time, little did we know, the reception was wrapping up soon...
Kerri & Sarah - the maid of honor
Sarah & her hubby Mike - we love Mike! He's from Indiana & Michigan right outside of the Chicago area, us midwesterners always get along - even if they're Cubs fans. ;)
Mike, Jackie & Brad hamming it up!
The reception ended earlier than everyone expected it too, thankfully the newlyweds weren't ready to call it a night either, so they invited us back to their Honeymoon Suite for an after party! This was the best time of our whole night! We hated for it to end!!
It's a good thing it didn't have to... Kerri, Josh, Sarah & Mike were staying at the beach resort all weekend. Saturday was going to be a chill day by the pool & the beach with the kids and they asked us to join them. Heck, yeah!
Josh's friend Ryan, Mike H. & Brad
Sunny day!
Sarah, her son Colin & Kerri
Maddy & Collin playing ping pong by the pool.
Swimming with the kiddos!
Maddy & Mikayla with our best friends
The hazy beginnings of sunset...
the newlyweds @ the Tiki Bar
Kerri & Mike, Josh & Sarah
Mike & I had such a great weekend. We had fun with our friends at the wedding and a blast at the pool & the beach with all the kids the day after. I wish we could all get together like this more often. Distance & busy schedules make it difficult for all of us to hang out on a regular basis but we are trying. 4 couples, 6 kids, no problem....






















No comments:
Post a Comment