November 19, 2010

TGIF WITH A SIDE OF SANTA

This week Mike was in Miami for a business trip while the girls & I kept up with the day to days at home.  We've been busy, but we've missed Daddy.  He brings so much energy & laughter into daily life, the house is too quiet without him!  Mike will be home around the time Maddy gets off the bus from school, so tonight we'll be relaxin' to the maxin' together!  TGIF!


The holidays are quickly approaching and I must confess, that I haven't been ready for all the holiday hoopla.  Today Mikayla & I were grocery shopping at Publix and we bumped into this guy....  this big guy with a long white beard, wearing ALL RED.  We recognized him right away...  SANTA!!!  He asked Mikayla if she'd been good and she was too star struck to even answer!  I got even more excited when I realized I had my camera in my purse!  Mikayla was too shy to take a picture with him but the big guy was happy to smile for a picture anyway.  That way we can show Maddy when she gets home from school!  He even showed us his ruby ring with the initials SC!  I can't believe it, the REAL SANTA CLAUS in our little town.  They say that Venice is the "snowbird capital" and boy "they" weren't kidding!!  Even SANTA comes here!!  Needless to say, I'm definitely feeling the Christmas Spirit now!!

3 comments:

Perno said...

Not entirely sure what to say about this Santa character, but I'm glad he made Mikayla happy! :)

Melanie said...

LoL

Allison said...

Ha, that is too cute! And despite Mike's comment, he looks like a jolly, innocent guy!

We took Cam to see Santa on Saturday & he wanting nothing to do with him! Big change from last year when he was all smiles while sitting on his lap!