November 1, 2010

"She's MAD I Tell You!"

It's still hard for me to accept that Maddy is in 2nd grade, this year her teacher decided to challenge the minds of her students by throwing a Mad Scientist party instead of the usual kiddie Halloween party that the kids have all had before.  What a great idea!


Maddy wore her lap coat, some gloves & some goofy glasses!


Mrs. Banks costume was the best, she really looked like a MAD Scientist!



This was the brain food table!  Notice the marshmallow brain to the right!  It tasted like a giant Peep!




The kids got to build neurons & bone marrow models too!


Oh and there was this green goop stuff!  I was happy Maddy's teacher asked me to volunteer, it's so nice being able to spend time in class with all the kids, especially mine!

That night after Maddy's party was also her school's PTA fundraiser, followed by a 3 day weekend!  Here's a few pics from the Fall Pow Wow too!


Maddy dunked her classmate's Dad in the dunk tank!  My 7 yro has quite an arm!


Here's Mikayla, Maddy & Maddy's friend Lianna cooling off with some snow cones!

1 comment:

Allison said...

How cool, Maddy is at such a fun age right now! You're very fortunate to be able to be involved in her activities... I always wished that my mom could have been more involved. I'm hoping to manage work + some of Cam's activities as he gets older. I love stuff like this!