January 14, 2010

Winter Fun

This past weekend we experienced the coldest weather in Florida since Mike & I moved here 12 years ago. Sunday afternoon Mike started a fire in the backyard. My "Florida Natives" stayed outside just long enough to toast a marshmallow and eat a s'more and then they retreated indoors. :)

Mike & I enjoyed the crackling fire a little while longer. It was so warm and mesmerizing!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun. I love bonfires! I'm SO glad it's starting to warm up again. I've had enough of this cold weather!

tinyskillet said...

Okay, we had enough outdoor weather in Michigan when we were there for Christmas. (although it was Maranda's first time seeing snow)

We've been here over 20 years, I'm right there with the "Florida natives". We're thinking of moving south, maybe the Caribbean! hehe!!

I'm glad you could enjoy it!

Allison said...

I love your fire pit! It's so relaxing to just sit in front of the fire & watch the flames!