January 9, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside 2

It's Saturday and another Arctic cold front has come through! Our temperatures didn't get above 38* today and boy are we loving it. This is mine & Mike's 11th winter in Florida and this is the only one that has felt like winter.

Today we're taking advantage of this glorious gloomy weather by hanging around the house all day! Mike & Maddy are playing their new Wii games that Santa brought. Mikayla is napping. I've been busy in the kitchen, I just made a batch of 'puppy chow' and now I have a pot of my famous chili simmering on the stove for dinner. Mmm Mmm!

This whole week has been all about mittens, flannel pajamas and fuzzy slippers. It's such a refreshing change! My sister-in-law Allison also posted a blog about our winter weather. She commented on how in Florida on a sunny day you can feel guilty if you aren't out enjoying the weather. She's right! We feel like that all the time! So it's so nice when Mother Nature intervenes and creates the opportunity for our family to just relax at home together. It's been wonderful.

No comments: