July 31, 2009

The Water Park

Today I took Madelyn & Mikayla to the YMCA Water Park in Sarasota, surprisingly this was our first visit there. My best-friend Jackie has been asking me all summer to go with her and her boys, today I caved. Not that I have anything against the water park but Madelyn & Mikayla are a handful at times. 2 eyes and 2 hands are rarely enough to look after 2 kids in a regular pool let alone a crowded water park pool!


The Y really has an awesome set up! The pool's depth starts at 6 inches and deepens to 3ft, past the rope the water is 4ft deep. There are 2 large water slides that empty into the roped area. Madelyn is tall enough to ride these water slides but isn't a strong enough swimmer for when she is dumped into the pool, I offered to catch her but she chose not to go up. (she's my cautious child) The shallower area of the pool has water spouts and a smaller slide that Madelyn & Mikayla both really enjoyed. Madelyn tested her swimming skills and handled the chaos well. Fearless Mikayla did get trampled once or twice but fortunately I was right there pull her up when she went down and under. It was a lot of fun but still a little nerve-racking for me. There are 3 or 4 lifeguards on duty but there had to be 100 kids in the pool! EVERY parent has to be hands-on and EXTRA attentive. Luckily, we survived our first trip to the water park without incident or injury and had a great time.

Unfortunately, I forgot my camera in the car but for the most part, I was too wet and so busy looking after the girls I wouldn't have been able to take many pictures anyway. I wish that Mike could have come with us, he would've had fun and his extra eyes and hands would've been helpful, hopefully he'll be able to join us next time.

2 comments:

tinyskillet said...

Yes, I remember the days at the YMCA Water Park. Maranda has gone to couple of birthday partys there as well. That's the first time I saw her actually get her face wet in the water. At the fountains on the bay front she could go through the whole thing and not a drop on her face.

So I can just picture your girls there having fun in the water.

Allison said...

Glad you guys had a good time; I know how much the girls love the water! I'd be pretty nervous too since a drowning can happen so quickly. The more eyes, the better!